Monday, September 21, 2009

Cool Sites, that I think are worthy to check out...

Around the end of August, I went to a store called David and Goliath Tees located in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. I thought this store was the coolest, because the shirts had catchy saying and display of wording was interesting/funny. I don't know if the professor would consider this a form of typography. But, I thought this would be a cool site for the ART620 class to look at. I bought a shirt, a button, and a sticker from this store when I went, just because I like it so much.

URL: http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/
*********************************************************************************

Here is another favorite of mines, I like the store called Papyrus. There's one located in Union Station in Washington D.C. This store is like a Hallmark. But, what makes Papyrus unique is the detailing that they put into the cards. The words are simple, but the art in the cards makes you fall in love again in giving one of the simplest form of gratitude in a card. If you have time, look through the website, and look at the cards typeface and artwork(detailing). The cards can be a little pricey, but when you love to give a card to someone and see them smile, its all worth the money.

Also, did you know that Papyrus is a typeface. "Papyrus® is the work of American designer Chris Costello, an unusual roman typeface which effectively merges the elegance of a traditional roman letter form with the hand-crafted look of highly skilled calligraphy. It includes an extra set of initialing capitals to enhance its unique style". (http://www.linotype.com/1085/papyrus.html).

URL: http://www.papyrusonline.com/

No comments: