Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gaylord Hotel @ The National Harbor

On black Friday a day after Thanksgiving, I was at the Gaylord Hotel in Maryland viewing the decorations in the hotel. When I notice the store's typography. I wasn't able to go into the stores, but I was enjoying the choice of typeface the owners chose to use for their store front. My particular favorite is the Pajama Party one, because they use a rich gold background with a light pink border with a moon. In a way, I thought it was fanasty/childlike in a way. I don't know if it was the color choices for the background on the moon with the cap over his head. But, it was a joy to see this fresh look on typography.

1 comment:

sammwentz said...

I am also particularly drawn to the Pajama Party sign- nice color combination. I think the typeface by itself has a pretty sophisticated and clean cut look but the moon illustration wearing a pj hat and a watercolor-like background lightens up the sophisticated serif typeface. It portrays a very whimsical and fairytale feeling. It reminds me of Aesops Fables or Mother Goose.